A place in your home to unwind and rejuvenate
Project: Kingslane Residence | Photo Credit: Anastasia Alkema Photography
I recently attended a Houzz Webinar on consumer behavior and came across some interesting statistics. According to the webinar, 27% of Americans are working remotely, and due to rapidly changing technology, our sense of anxiety is increasing in our daily lives. From disruption of routine to isolation from loved ones and lack of division between work and home life, this has given rise to a chronic circle of stress.
While going back to life before the pandemic may seem like a quick fix, it's not feasible for most people. In fact, 76% of Americans do not wish to go back. So, how can we make our lives better when we are surrounded by stress?
One way is by designing your home to be a calming oasis. It can act as a quick getaway to feel rejuvenated. You don't have to travel far to a mountain or a beach to feel calm and connect with your spirit.
Projects: Jardine Residence, Lake Claire Residence & The Manor House
Photo Credits: Anastasia Alkema Photography & Marc Mauldin Photography
There are some great options you can consider to transform your home into a calming oasis. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Add a stand-alone sauna room or steam shower to your bathroom. It has many health benefits and can help you unwind after a long day.
2. Create a Zen bedroom to relax in after a busy day of work. Check out our Zen inspired Master bedroom design for this high achieving parents.
3. Consider setting up a yoga or meditation room where you can take a break, reflect, and respond instead of reacting. If yoga or meditation isn't your thing, you could create a cozy library room with books to read and be inspired, or a nook to sit and journal.
4. Connect with nature by creating an outdoor living space like a rooftop terrace or pool area.
5. Set up a craft or hobby room where you can explore, create, and break the rules. This is a great way to disconnect from digital gadgets and spend time doing something you love.
I hope these suggestions inspire you to create your own Zen oasis at home. If you would like help bringing your vision to life, book a complimentary Discovery call with us today.